Monday, July 28, 2008

We just returned from an amazing trip to Norfolk where we met our nephew, Levi, who invited us to a Friends & Family day aboard the Harry S. Truman, Aircraft Carrier. Pictures can't capture the size of this ship that carried thousands of us out to sea into international waters where they had an air show for us and words can't describe the great, memorable time that we had with Levi. Thank you so much Levi.

For more pics and videos, check out the TerBeek Blog: http://terbeeks.blogspot.com/


Sitting on the front of the ship. . . .I still can't believe I did this because we were 5 storys up (correct me if I'm wrong Levi) and there was only this 'net'. . .(I may have overparented Luke at this point, I'm sure Ross will be able to sympathize :0)

Levi took us all over the ship. . . .my dutch feet are a little too big for those narrow little steps!
I love this picture. . . .I know, its just rope but its big rope!
Th picture above is on top of the carrier at the end of the day and below are two videos; one of the flyover and the other is riding the aircraft elevator, which makes me smile every time I watch it.

2 comments:

stacey said...

mom, those are awesome! I'm glad that you guys got to go. Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

Great job! I have chills.. It is awesome.. I love the rope.. and can totally relate to the "mom over the edge thing"....